Coach Licensing and Funding
Coaches have incredible influence and responsibility for athlete development. Nordiq Canada and provincial and territorial Divisions need to know who is coaching and what their coaching status is. The Coaching Licence also helps us collect the data we need to support coaches, assess trends and develop initiatives that benefit skiers.
Who Needs a Coaching License?
You need a coaching license if you perform typical coaching tasks with a Nordiq Canada club, including delivering or helping to deliver practices with any age group for at least seven hours per year. Only coaches who meet the Minimum Mandatory Coaching Qualifications (see the Document Centre) and have a valid Coaching License will benefit from Nordiq Canada’s liability insurance while coaching with a Nordiq Canada ski club.
Personal information is kept private and may only be used for risk management, planning and communication between the coach, Nordiq Canada and the coach’s club and Division.
The license is renewable annually and is valid from July 1 to June 30. Registration opens on June 15 each year. You must already be a club member to sign up for a Coaching License.
Sign up now:
Benefits for Coaches
- The license is free
- 40% discount on JULBO eyewear (Use the coupon code provided on your coach licence registration receipt; go to https://julbo-canada.ca and type “CCC” in the search engine)
- 10% discount on XC Ski Nation annual subscription
- Third-party general liability insurance
- More licensed coaches means more Sport Canada funding to support you
- Email notification of new coaching resources
- Club Podium ranking points for all licensed coaches; the more points a club has, the more likely the club is to receive National Winter Sport Development Association coach funding